1. Gather your hair into a low ponytail and secure with a rubber band. You want the ponytail to be pretty tight.
2. Next, slide the rubber band down the ponytail a little, so there’s space between the rubber band and your scalp.
3. Create a little “hole” in the area above the rubber band. Make sure not to poke all the way through; you just want to make a little “nest” in your hair (which you’ll use in step 5).
4. Twist the length of your ponytail, like you would if you were making a bun.
5. Begin tucking your ponytail down into the little nest you made for it. (To make mine a little different, I tucked the hair off center, so it was slightly asymmetric.)
6 and 7. Keep tucking and rolling your ponytail into the nest…
8. Once you have all your hair hidden and tucked away, pin it in place with bobby pins. Don’t forget to pin the sides of the hairstyle as well. Then spray your hair with some hairspray, and take along extra bobby pins for touch-ups!