How to Make a Military Bun
1. Prepare your hair. Hair should be brushed thoroughly prior to washing. Dont dry hair, should be damp but not excessively wet. Comb hair gently
2. Take a ponytail holder and make a ponytail in the middle of the back of your head. Wrap the holder 3-4 times around; the ponytail should be very tight and close to your scalp.
3. Grab the ponytail and twist it, as shown in the image accompanying this step.
4. Starting at the base of the ponytail, wrap the hair about itself tightly, as shown in the image accompanying this step.
5. Secure with 2-3 large bobby pins at the top of the bun, pushing the pin down to secure the bun to the rest of your hair.
6. Put a hairnet over the whole bun, doubling it twice or three times, depending on bun size. Secure with 2-3 small bobby pins.
7. Spray the entire bun with hairspray. Smooth any flyaways with a little gel.