Fishtail Braid Tutorial
1. Detangle and brush out your hair so it’s easy to handle. If you need to, smooth out flyaways and frizz with a grooming cream. You don’t have to have stick straight locks to rock this look, just keep your hair knot-free! Divide the hair into two even sections starting from the middle of the scalp.
2. Use your pinky and ring finger to grab a small section of the hair (approximately 1/4″ inch) from the back of the right side. Add this section to the left side by folding it over with your left hand.
3. take your left pinky and grab a 1/4″ strand from the back of the left section. Fold it over and add it to your right section. Make sure these first few strands are tighter so you get comfortable with the process and nothing falls loose.
4. Continue weaving strands from the left and right. You’re going to be weaving more or less depending on the thickness of your strands. But trust us—the fishtail effect looks so much better when you weave thinner pieces instead of thicker. It make take longer, but it’s worth it!
5. Once you’re at a comfortable place to end your braid, secure it with an elastic band or a clip.